Sunday, December 30, 2007

Holiday Time

Travaling can be so much fun and so much rejuvenating. After so many days’ work, it feels great to be on a holiday, a holiday not very far away but to a very close by neighbor, India. India has truly transformed itself from rags to riches….a complete new nation with a complete new perspective. The past 20 days have been great. We set off for the journey on 9th of December 07 and were back to our pavilion on 26th of December. Between all these days we visited 4 cities including Mumbai, Jaipur, Jhunjhunu and Delhi.

Mumbai was the first place and I swear Mumbai trip was not as exciting as I expected it to be….So many people and so little space, seems like the city is on the verge of collapse. Yeah, if you are living a life of luxury in places like Nariman Point and Juhu, life will be hip and happenning, but sadly life is not so rosy for everybody in a metropolis like Mumbai. The local trains are a trauma, at least they were so for me. Everybody is in so much of rush and people are least bothered about each other. Given an option to stay in Mumbai, I say a big NO. Next destination Jaipur was quite the opposite. A very calm and serene place and amazingly planned. It was kinda very historical enlightment. The forts and palaces are breathtaking and you are awestruck by the beauty of the city. From the Birla Temple to Amer Fort, everything is beautifully designed and the architecture is mindblowing. Kudos to the architects who were so instrumental in building the city the way it is today.

Jhunjhunu, a name many might not have heard. It is the district hearquater of Rajasthan and yes, the birthplace of my parents with our ancestoral home still standing there. Our stay over there was more of a family rendzevous rather than a treat to the eye. I never knew our family is so very extended. The list of hosts was endless. I guess it would take us one full week to be able to visit all our relatives. I must, however, confess that the food out there is amazing. Everything is so much delightful for the platter that you cant help but ask for more. The use of pure indian spices adds wonder to the food…Oh!how much I miss the food…..


The last destination Delhi was the best….the city is truly the epitome of New India. I loved everything about the city, from its ppl to its metro rail. The New Delhi is THE place to visit. It truly stands as the capital city of India. The infrastructure is worth a watch and the planning of the city with all its plantation program makes the city not only beautiful but also worth living. The night life is equally fun. The crowd is hip and the youth have a ball every night…The city actually never sleeps and still never gets tired…wow….interesting!!! I would surely love to revisit the place and this time for an extended period of time…till then I am sure I will have an equally amazing time in my own lovely place….my Nepal..

No comments: