Friday, April 3, 2009

My tumultous mornings!

I am in my office and there is not a single soul around...it is so soothing to be sitting in the calmness of my office..away from the chaos of the world around me.It seems like ages when i have got a "silent space" for myself.I used to have one when i was at my old place.This new place gives me creeps. There are so many visitors at my aunt's place,its sickening at times.Every 5 minutes the door bell goes "Open the door please." I wish i could steal away the batteries and throw them in a gutter somewhere...but i know it will not help...There is no paucity of batteries in the market..

Its not only the guests...the people are so noisy there...I am woken up at 3 in the morning after grandmom starts singing her bhajans...forget about me,why doesnt she realize that even god needs some sleep that time of an hour....i press a pillow on my ears and try to sleep nevertheless...barely can i doze off again that my brother comes to the room in search of his uniform, socks, tie, handkerchief, etc..etc..the list is endless...I forgive him for the nuisance..he is a student after all...5 minutes hardly pass when my aunt enters the room,frantically looking for the keys to the store room,her almirah,the second floor...Lord!so many keys and so irresponsible!

Then its my uncle's turn...it sure runs in the family...if you forget the lyrics of any of the songs of the 60s,my home is the place to be....he sings songs i have never heard before..but i am plainly not interested...but its not his concern for sure...So,after all this commotion,no matter how hard i try to give myself some sleep,i just can't get it.So,i decide to leave the comfort of my bed,and be a part of the hubbub...

(P.S. I write this not because its my aunt's place, i would probably be writing the same had i been in my own place...I believe that's how homes are supposed to be..can't help it,can we?)

4 comments:

Wasted innovations said...

oh dee! u desperately need a room .. a separate room .. away frm home maybe.. n as always, u write so well!!

White Scarf said...

...yes..god..i need a room..somebody rescue me...lol!!

Thank you tons for appreciating....i am thrilled!

Unknown said...

*ahem ahem*...well you certainly seem to write good. Ummm...it shows how you're trying to put those tiny anger (let's call it that) into humorous lines or something you know sort of funny in a way. Me no good with writing, anyways, hope you did understand that. Well...all I wanted to say it I came through this blog I don't know from somewhere and went through this article somehow and thought it was interesting. Writing's like these make me want to write hehe....keep on writing!

White Scarf said...

Ms/Mr Creative

Thank you very much for appreciating. You really dont have to be good with writing to pour down your thoughts. I myself am no good...i just try..

Thanks once again!