Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Thesis talk

It's been nearly two years that I have been trying to complete my Postgraduate thesis. I am embarrassed. People who were three years juniors to me post their photos on facebook, all decked up in their graduation gowns and throwing their 'topis.' While I have no desire to wear the gown or to throw my 'topi' in the air, I want to officially graduate and my thesis is the only deterrent. I have completed five research assignments ever since the story of my thesis started, but somehow, I have not been able to put my heart into the project that is so important to meet my academic goals.

My supervisor e-mails me every week to ask me about the progress, my friends push me to work on it, my juniors embarrass me with their degrees. Every month I set a deadline for myself, but I fail to put up with it. So, today, I have set another deadline and I am making this announcement here because I hope that this announcement is going to push me harder. I pledge that I am going to complete my thesis before May 28, the deadline for our much awaited constitution. If I don't do it, I will consider myself to be the same as our 601s.

I hope this is going to be a motivation enough for me.

1 comment:

plutoed said...

woah. pretty strong comparison. i know you are far far far far far better than them 601s. best of luck!!!!!!!