Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Free time, finally!



This last month has been crazy. Although I was holidaying, I have had no free time to sit back and relax. It has been a lot of work, a lot of traveling, a lot of family events, festivities, cleaning, cooking, hosting guests, and so on. So, yesterday was one of those rare days when I just took it easy. I was spared of the kitchen work, and we had no guests at home. I watched two movies back to back.

The first one was The Black Swan and the second one was Serendipity. Thanks to my brother R who saved some 20 movies that he downloaded at his college. It has been long that I wanted to watch The Black Swan after all the critical acclaim and the awards that it received. It is a splendid movie. It is different, sort of unreal. DR thinks that it is grotesque. He couldn’t watch the movie after this one particular scene where Nina (played by Natalie Portman) peels off the skin from one of her fingers. Well, if he had watched the entire movie, he would see a lot more disturbing scenes. But that’s what movies are about. Sometimes, they show things and events that do not happen in real life. I loved all the dancing, the plot, the perfect bodies of the ballerinas, the passion, the darkness. It shows how far a person can go to attain perfection, or so I think. Although the movie made me sad, it also made me look back and think.



It was the second time I was watching Serendipity. Like Sarah in the movie, I have always loved the word ‘serendipity’, the way it sounds. I am a believer in fate, in destiny. I think that everything happens for a reason, and if something is meant to be, it would be. So, if was natural for me to enjoy the movie. It is a light movie, and was a welcome change after The Black Swan.

With this big time movie mood, I am planning to watch yet another movie. It is called (500) days of summer. I have no idea what the movie is about. Let’s hope it is entertaining!

No comments: