Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A question

I came back to Kathmandu after more than a month, and honestly, it feels great to be back. I mean, life seemed to have halted for a month for me. All I did was cook, and clean, and then again cook and clean. Anyway, yes, it feels great to be back. As I drove my scooter the first day..which did not start for a long time, and gave in only after DR drained all his energy to get it kickstarted. So, I was saying that as I drove my scooter for the first time after coming back, it felt great. Sometimes, even today, while I am driving, I cant believe that it is me. I was so so scared of driving. I had this feeling that all the microbus drivers, bus drivers, motorcyclists, and everyone in between would come and hit me as soon as I was on the road. Well, of course that is not true, they dont do it.

Anyway, so as I was driving, I thought about a lot of things. Thats what I do. I dont listen to music while I am driving. So, to entertain myself, I think. While I was thinking about a lot of things, one particular question intrigued me. So, we have so many men and women who have invented a lot of things, and made our life easy. For instance, Charles Babbage invented computers and is called the 'Father of Computer,' Galileo Galilei is called the 'Father of Science', Adam Smith, the 'Father of Economics', and so forth. I was wondering what would a woman be called if she was the inventor of all these. I mean, what if some Amanda Smith had written the Wealth of Nations, what if some Caroline Babbage had invented Computer, and what if some Grace Galilei was responsible for the birth of modern science? Would they be called mother of so and so...I wonder....I was googling how many fathers we have...here is a snapshot:))


No comments: