Thursday, March 29, 2012

The day's shopping

Potatoes-1/2 kg
Onions-1/2 kg
Carrot-1/2 kg
Cauliflower-1 kg
Carrot-0.25 kg
Tomatoes-0.25 kg
Green peas-0.25 kg
Coriander-worth rupees 5
Oranges-1/2 kg (remember today is Thursday!)


This is my shopping for the day. The last time I shopped for vegetables was like three weeks back. I had got lesser vegetables than I got today, and they lasted for more than two weeks. So, I think I will not need to go vegetable shopping for another three weeks this time. I have been too lazy to cook and have been feeding myself with soups and noodles and pasta for dinner. The last time I cooked a proper meal for myself was last to last Saturday.

On the bright side of things (which is not at all bright), gas cylinder is scarce, vegetables expensive, and water a luxury. Cooking less is not that bad an option after all!

No comments: