Tuesday, March 13, 2012

New job


This is the fifth day at my new office. After waiting for more than a month and then going through three rounds of assessment, it feels good to be sitting here and writing this. Technically, its been five months that I haven't had an office space to work. Moreover, I have never had a 'real job' ever since I graduated. I have always liked the freedom that I have enjoyed with all my jobs. While I had to fulfill certain formalities in all of my previous offices, it was not like now. So, this is a nice new experience for me.

Here, I feel like a real 'employee'. I have to sign the employee register every morning and evening, I have a separate desk (though it is not like a real desk), and I just got my share of office supplies including a notebook, a diary, a pen, a punching machine, a stapler, and a box of pins. Today, I signed the contract, filled like hundred forms, including the one providing details for an official visiting card for myself, and completed the formalities for opening an 'Employee Bank Account' without having to go to a bank. :)

My team leader has not been very demanding. He has given me a week to settle down in the new office. So, I am just taking my time this week to know the new place, people, processes, and so many other stuffs. But I know that next week onwards, I will no more be a 'new' employee. I will have no excuse for my mistakes, I will just another one in this huge office of 250 people. I am preparing myself for the worst.

Wish me luck!

No comments: