Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Skype Moment


I opened my Skype account some three years ago. It was for an online course and we had monthly skype sessions with all participants and fortnightly sessions with my mentor. After the course was over, I have hardly signed in into my skype account, and I tend to forget that I have one. I have to keep requesting a new password, because I always forget the old one. Moreover, I like skype only for non-video conversations. Somehow, I am not very comfortable with the video thing. I can't video-chat, not even with the closest of people. Its a funny feeling.

My sister had been pestering me to be on skype for some days now. So, today we finally skype-talked. She was absolutely excited, and was ready on the video call. I denied her video call but we talked. I could see her smiling face. She was angry that she couldn't see me, but I convinced her that there was something wrong with my webcam. I always make that excuse whenever I am asked to video chat.

It felt good talking to my sister like that. I had heard other people's experiences of talking on Skype. I had underestimated the emotional high. It was super exciting to be able to see my cute lil nephew. He had no idea why his mommy was swinging him up and down in front of a blank computer screen. He was looking uber handsome. And he gave me a flying kiss. I couldn't stop smiling. It was beautiful--my skype moment.

No comments: